1.31.2005

The Force is strong with me...

I know it's only January, or almost February, but I am getting so psyched about Episode III. I don't want to, because May is several months away, and the movie could suck, but nonetheless I find myself searching theforce.net for news every day.

Star Wars will always be the defining movie experience of my youth. I was born in 1979, 2 years after Episode IV came out, but some of my oldest memories involves Empire and Jedi toys. Return of the Jedi came out when I was 4, and I don't remember seeing it in the theater, but as I grew up, I began to love the trilogy more and more. Now, I am straight-up addicted to playing Star Wars Battlefront on Xbox Live, I Tivo every single 3 minute episode of Clone Wars, and I'm seriously considering going to a national Star Wars convention.

A note on that: I'm struggling with the fact that to go would mean to admit a higher level of geekiness than I have previously come to grips with. But it would be fun, and its in Indianapolis, which is easily within driving distance. I have vacation to use from work, so I might go... but I also don't want to go by myself. That'd be no fun. So I've gotta send out an APB to any of my friends who might join me in embracing their inner fanboy.

Anyway, I am granting Lucas a pass, for now, on the overall mediocrity of Episodes I & II. If he is somehow able to screw up three movies in a row, perhaps I will become somewhat disillusioned with the Star Wars saga. But there will always be a special place in my heart for Luke, Han and Chewie, the heroes of my childhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home