5.06.2005

Once again, up too late...

So when I woke up this morning, after about 4 hours of sleep, I said I would go to bed early tonight, and by early I mean before 3 am. Well, it's now 12:30 am, and I have more to do, so so much for that idea. This posting is probably just gonna be a scattered collection of random brainwaves.. it'll be fun!

I'm listening to Rufus Wainwright right now, since I got yelled at by all the members of the Ben Folds channel on Soulseek. I figured I should give him a chance, since so many Ben fans enjoy the Rufus. I don't know yet. I just can't get into him. He sounds like he's slurring his words, like he's drunk. It's a John Mayer type situation, maybe, where I just don't dig his voice. I saw Rufus in concert last year at Ravinia, and wasn't particularly impressed with his live show either. Oh well. I have Songs for Silverman to fall back on, as well as two Ben Folds shows coming up this summer: July 4th at Summerfest and August 10th at Ravinia.

In other random Ben Folds news, Jessie's new boyfriend lists Ben Folds and Goo Goo Dolls as his two favorite bands on his livejournal. Wow. I really had hoped that anyone intelligent enough to enjoy Ben's music that much would also be able to recognize the inherent crappiness of the frickin Goo Goo Dolls. As much as I love Sarah, I'm sorry, dear, they suck. They represent all that is wrong with mainstream pop-rock, right up there with Matchbox 20 and Creed. Sigh.

I would like to point out, as a comparison, that my two favorite rock bands are Led Zeppelin and Evanescence. And hip hop? Method Man and Kris Kross.

No, not really. I don't even know this guy, so I shouldn't be so harsh.

But come on, the GOO GOO DOLLS? REALLY?

Oh well. On to happier things.. I bought some DVDs from work today: Garden State, Sky Captain and Shaun of the Dead. Probably 3 out of my top 10 of 2004. I'd have to make that list to be sure, though, and it seems a little late into 2005 to be doing that. Just trust me.

And Kelsey says B & N is having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale on all it's DVDs starting May 24th. So I'll probably pick up Life Aquatic and couple other things at that point. Maybe they have that Rushmore Criterion I want. I am a bit of a completist with these things, but I don't need Bottle Rocket or Spy Kids just because I'm a fan of the director. I have my limits.

Star Wars is now 12 days away. I have sworn off the video game we got at work today, so as to remain relatively spoiler-free. We all know certain things have to happen, but I don't want to know how they happen, that's what the movie-going experience is all about. I'm going to start researching solid leads for digital cinema in Chicago, so all interested parties can jet down there to see if it's any different, as has been rumored. I'd go see it there anyway, since the one movie I've seen in digital projection, Starsky and Hutch, was so crystal clear and hi-def that Episode III is sure to blow my mind. Even if it is two hours of Jar-Jar making Imperial Senate speeches. It would look awesome.

Tomorrow Dave and I have to perform surgery on the Greenfield store, by taking out a whole row of squeezebox fixtures and replacing it with laminate. I only got roped into this because Jim volunteered my truck, and suggested I let Dave borrow it. Ha ha ha. That's not gonna happen.

So my night might be kinda screwy. Kelsey and I wanted to see Kingdom of Heaven, as I am a sucker for the period epic, a habit I probably picked up from watching Spartacus 50 billion times as a kid. But I don't know how long this whole fixture replacement is gonna take. We'll see.

Sunday I'm going home for Mother's Day, and a bit of a late birthday celebration for Dad. That'll be fun, I just need to load the car with music and caffeine for the 4 hours I'll be in it that day. No complaints, though, I'm always happy to go home, even for just a few hours.

We are living in bizarro world, where the Brewers just swept the Cubs, the White Sox have the best record in baseball, and the Jordan-less Bulls are in the playoffs. Crazy.

I don't know what else is going on... not so much. Brian and Collette are having a party at their new place on Saturday, so I think I'll drop by after work. Just can't get crazy, since I have a long day on Sunday. I might have an informal get-together the night before Star Wars, if anyone's interested, just to watch the prequels or Clone Wars. Or both. I don't care. I'll probably be up late that night anyway, just like tonight, and the night before that.. and that.. and that.. and that.. and that..

1 Comments:

Blogger Maxx said...

By "night before Star Wars," I'm first going to assume you mean Tuesday night. If so, at what time do you expect to begin this shin-dig? And at what time on Wednesday do you expect to go chill in line?

Maxx

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home