2.12.2005

Crescent Fresh: The Meaning

For those who aren't in the know, Crescent Fresh was the generic expression of coolness on the totally overlooked and completely genius Sifl and Olly, a late 90's sock puppet comedy show on MTV. Liam Lynch and Matt Crocco basically got a bunch of socks together and made a brilliant half hour of madness. Holsclaw and I watched every single episode of this show my Sophomore year at Carroll.

Anyway, instead of saying something was awesome or great or cool, they would just refer to it as "crescent fresh". I think it was kind of their sarcastic attempt at creating slang, just as kids had picked up slang from other MTV shows like Beavis and Butthead.

I just like the way it sounds, and if you immediately recognize it, it means you watched Sifl and Olly, and you're automatically crescent fresh in my book.

BTW, my Xbox Live gamertag is CrescentFresh13. Come frag my sorry ass in Halo 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home