3.06.2006

Seriously?

Crash? Seriously?

I was in shock. I thought there was no way it would win. Out of the five nominees for Best Picture, Crash was my least favorite. Oh well. I guess I have to accept it.

I did get 16 out of my 20 predictions correct, though. Let's break down the ones I got wrong...

Best Original Song

My pick was Dolly Parton's "Travelin' Thru" from Transamerica, but the winner was "It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp" from Hustle & Flow. As I said before, I didn't like any of these songs, but there's no way that "Pimp" was the best song from a motion picture this year. I dig rap, and this was not a good rap song. Pissed, I am.

Best Makeup

I thought Revenge of the Sith would pick this one up, but Narnia got it instead. I guess I'm okay with that. They had as tough a task in creating an entire world of creatures. I would have been pissed if Cinderella Man had won.

Best Cinematography

I'll say this for Memoirs of a Geisha: it's pretty. I may not have cared for the acting, or the script, or the lack of focus, but it's a pretty, pretty film. I don't think it was better shot than Brokeback or New World, but I can accept it winning this one.

Best Picture

What can I say? I had an 80% accuracy rate on the night, and I still feel like I failed, since I predicted Brokeback to win. Pretty much everyone else in the world did too, so I don't feel that bad.

Here's to Oscars 2007, when hopefully we'll see The Departed, The Fountain, The Da Vinci Code, The Good German and The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford compete in the battle of the "The" titles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home