12.18.2005

Up all night..

So, yeah. Up way too late, again. I'm listening to Kings of Convenience, which usually makes me sleepy, but no such luck tonight. I guess I'm just not going to sleep.

I closed last night, which meant I got home a little before midnight, but then I decided to watch Smackdown and SNL, with my friend and yours Jables hosting. It was a darn good episode, too. The Samberg/Parnell rap about Narnia was classic. I gotta download that.

I open today, and there's a huge PV pull, so I'll probably go in at 8 to work on that. Will ended up crossing the 4K threshold yesterday, so now I get to go to Vegas with Jim, and hopefully other managers. Sweet either way, especially since I found out that the studios come out and do presentations and give us free stuff. I'm all for that. Greenfield, Glendale and Tosa are all in the running, so here's hoping.

I've seen Chronicles of Narnia twice now, once with Kelsey on the UltraScreen and once with the HV crew at the Rosebud. I have yet to compile my year-end rankings, but it's definitely in the top 5 of 2005. It's, in my opinion, a perfect adaptation of the book. Director Andrew Adamson shows great reverence to the source, but also fleshes out parts of the story that may have been underdeveloped in the book, such as the climactic battle. All the acting was top-notch, and I actually noticed the "growth" of the children that Lewis refers to. The longer they're in Narnia, the more confident, brave and noble the children become, and this is portrayed quite well in this adaptation.

Since I couldn't find anyone from another store to work for us, HV 050600 Holiday Jamboree '05 was held at the Midnight UltraScreen showing of King Kong. I'm sure we were suitably annoying to our fellow moviegoers, since we had our Secret Santa exchange right in the middle of the theater. I had Maxx, so I got him Karaoke Revolution Party for the XBOX, since he (and Collette) always kick our asses at my version. So now he can rock LA hardcore karaoke style. Jet had me, and barring the obvious temptation to make me a "PLACE-BO" shirt of my very own, she got me my new best friends: Darth Vader cookie jar and Emperor Palpatine Giant Pez dispenser. They only add to my growing love of the Dark Side, so if my eyes start going yellow, and I randomly begin killing padawans left and right, you can blame her.

The movie itself was quite the fun time. It's not everything I expected it to be, but there were moments of pure excitement, the likes of which I haven't felt since Episode III. Yes, I know that was only 7 months ago, but I see a LOT of movies, so it is actually a meaningful statement. The Kong-V-Rex battle in the middle is one of the best action sequences I've seen. I guess Kong's downfall is that it relies too much on the "wow" factor of the animation, and not enough on making sense. There are plot threads left hanging, three (3) deus ex machina moments featuring the same character (wtf?), and too many slow-motion-blurry-this-is-creating-uneasiness shots. But overall, it's a very entertaining movie, and one I would recommend to one and all. But not as much as Narnia.. :)

I've got a list of 10 movies to see now that are either out or will be very soon. Busy times at the theaters for Brent. I've also managed to maintain my boycott of Ridge, although it's harder than I thought it would be. Screw them.

I've got way too much Christmas shopping to do, and not nearly enough time to do it. Tuesday will probably be spent doing that and laundry. I'm planning on driving to Joliet Christmas Eve after work, and then coming back up here the morning of the 26th. Duty calls. It is nice to be the boss, though, since I can make the schedule to fit my needs. Weirdness, though, since movies are being released on Monday, the 26th, so I'll have to shift the wall on Christmas Eve. Then more movies come out on the 27th. Very strange. Stupid, stupid studios.

Does that sound like the Phil Collins hit "S-S-Sussudio"?

Going back and talking about J-Town, due to recent random googling, fate and/or acts of God, I stumbled across the blogs of two hotties from my high school past, Kaylee and Amee. Pay them a visit, and enjoy their identical "What Broadway Musical are You?" quiz results. You'll be glad you did. And just for the record, Kaylee, yes, I still watch wrestling. With pride.

And yeah, I'm "Rent" too.

I suppose I should get some breakfast before I head to work, or at least Starbucks. Mmm, peppermint latte.. mmm...

Yes, on the moon nerds get their pants pulled down and they are spanked with moon rocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home