10.20.2005

spirit journey formation anniversary

So I had a birthday.

It was a good time, enjoyed by all. Kelsey and I went to go see Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit on the Ultrascreen, which was hilarious, and then we went out to Maggiano’s for dinner. We were “surprised” there by Brian and Collette, although since there were four menus at our table, I figured something was going on. I don’t think they understood the significance of that particular restaurant, unless Kelsey had surreptitiously asked my mom when we were in Joliet. I was able to have my chicken parmesan on my birthday, though, which was spectacular. I wondered why I haven’t gone there more often, considering it’s right up 100, and then I remembered that it’s a bit more expensive than Applebee’s or Friday’s. Worth it, though.

Afterwards, we went back to my apartment and had punch and pie. More like booze and cupcakes, but you get the idea. Holly came, which was a nice surprise, and she brought Instant Insects, those capsules thingies you drop in water and they become sponge creatures. So we all had to find out what our “Spirit Insect” was. I was a lacewing, but I was hoping for the praying mantis. Oh well.

We just kinda hung out, and Tim, Jet and Will came later. I did get some pretty sweet presents. Kelsey got me the coolest blanket ever, with the evil monkey from Family Guy on it, and a Gandalf ornament. Brian and Collette paid for our dinner, and I now have a museum-quality representation of the Pentagon of Terror. (scan coming soon) The treacherous trio of HV peeps got a giant Sin City Marv figure, in scale with my giant Ash figure. Plus, Pat had sent me G-SHAFT (which is only the greatest candy EVER!), and Jim got me a giftcard for Applebee’s.

The folks outdid themselves, however, by getting me tickets to the Bears/Packers game at Soldier Field on December 4th. That is going to be awesome. I still have to figure out who to take, since not many of my friends are really interested in football enough to sit in the cold for 4 hours or so. We’ll see.

Not much else has been going on. Work is sloooooow, but I’ve had POS 2.0 conversions to do, so that at least makes things interesting. I did the unthinkable, and purchased the Batman Anthology DVD set, which includes Batman and Robin. I read in EW that Schumacher apologizes for the movie in his commentary track, so I had to get it. It’ll be worth it. Our buy for Star Wars is ridiculously low, and I once again question the combined intelligence of our buyers in Wilsonville. Episode III is the number one movie of the year, and number eight all-time. Why am I getting 26 copies, yet I got 115 copies of Monster-in-Law? Get with the program, people, or let me order my own product.

Xbox 360 comes out November 22nd. I don’t think I’ll be an early adopter here. I haven’t been blown away by the stuff I’ve seen. I feel the 360 could be the next Dreamcast, by jumping the gun on next-gen. Whenever there’s a generation change, I want to be awed by what I see from the new systems, and the 360 just hasn’t done that. I’ll wait and see what the PS3 and Revolution bring to the table, then make my choice.

I’ll leave you with words of wisdom, from my dear friend Christopher Walken:

“I’ll cut your face!”

Or as Jessie put it:

“If one plus one is two, then two plus two is Christopher Walken.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home