2.23.2005

Movie mayhem, and what not...

I've been running around like a madman trying to see as many movies as I can before Oscar night, so posts have been infrequent. My bad. Anyway, here's my right now list of what I still need to watch:
  1. Lemony Snicket
  2. Being Julia
  3. Story of the Weeping Camel

I think I'll get to all three, but we'll see. I will post my Oscar picks on Friday regardless, so tune in for that. Anyway, here's the promised update on several key issues, followed by a three-pack of reviews: Cube Zero, Hotel Rwanda and Constantine.

First of all, my car. I tried going to see Hotel Rwanda last Thursday, but when I arrived at West Point in Waukesha, a nice lady tapped on my window and said "There's something leaking out of your car." Well, upon further inspection, it was antifreeze, and a lot of it. I popped the hood and sure enough there was a veritable explosion of fluid. I don't know much about cars, but I knew this wasn't a radiator leak, more likely a blown hose. Curious thing was, my temp gauge on my dashboard still indicated normal and hadn't changed at all in my 20 minute trip to the theater. So I called Griffin Ford, and asked when they could get it in, which was 9 pm. This was at 4 pm. And of course, they had no loaner to give me. So after much deliberation, I just dropped the car off there, and picked up a rental from Enterprise. I knew I had to work Friday morning, and Kelsey, my go-to ride provider, was to be in Whitefolks Bay all weekend babysitting for the Bruno's son, Thad. So I drove around in a little Kia Rio for Thurs-Fri-Sat.

Turns out the fan inside my water pump broke, and clogged the thermostat intake. So basically the engine was overheating, and blowing the radiator hose, and not telling me this was going to happen, since the thermostat wasn't working. Doh. All told, repairs were about 700 bucks, including my spring service package and fixing the "Check Engine" light, finally. I think they just turned it off, and it hasn't come back on, so I pay them money. Grr. Car is alll better now, though, and I love her very much.

On a happier note, I got tickets to see Kevin Smith speak in Crystal Lake, IL, on April 3rd. Sure, it's the same night at Wrestlemania 21, but I can deal. This is gonna be sweet! After seeing An Evening with Kevin Smith on DVD, I am really looking forward to being there in person. Dave is coming, too, as well as a player to be named later.

What I haven't decided yet is whether I'm going to Celebration III in Indianapolis. I really want to go, but not by myself. It's April 21-25, so Eric can't go, and Brian just got a new job, so he can't. Kelsey, the eternal sweetheart that she is, said she would go with, but I don't want to but her through that since she would be going just for me. Hmm. I need to chat with Tim to see if he wants to come down, and maybe that'll work. We'll see.

Finally, I got Karaoke Revolution for the XBox, and it's awesome. Brian, Collette, Kelsey and I all played it Friday night, and even though I can't sing to save my life, if you put it on a eay setting, I can get a fairly good score. There definitely needs to be a drunken karaoke night, though, so nobody will be self-conscience about busting it out. Oh yeah.

Well, that's all the updates I have for now. I've spent today doing laundry and watching UFC, like a day off should be. Pizza's on the way. Stay tuned for reviews. Jensen out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home